An Informal Poll – Your Input Requested

Here’s something a little different in an effort to try and get more of you to interact and share ideas – after all, that’s one of the purposes of a blog, right?  So, if you’re reading this on your Kindle, via email, wherever, you can click here or type in http://wp.me/p2b82w-3VL into your web browser to answer the question and interact with the other blog members!

So, here’s the question (borrowed from the Amazon discussion board): “Do you enjoy reading many books at once? Or are you more of a one-book-at-a-time reader? Let us know in the comments and be sure to mention which book (or books) you’re currently reading!”

You can answer away in the comment section below!

FKBT_icon_512

4 FREE Kindle Book Offers
Today's Free App of the Day

Comments

1. Cindy Albin says

I've always been a 'one book at a time' reader. I have trouble enough keeping track of the characters of the ONE book I'm reading. I just finished 'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon. Next up is either 'Merle's Door' or 'The Soldier's Wife'.

2. Kim Hankins says

Always several at a time. Currently "Cold Mountain", "great train robbery", "the peacemaking family", and Laura Bush's memoir.

3. Sara Garrett says

I only like to read one book at a time but I like to have a couple of books queued up in my Kindle app. I'm currently reading Consume by Shelly Crane

4. says

I generally read one at a time. Currently reading "Three Girls and a Leading Man", the third of a trilogy after reading "Three Girls and a Baby" thanks to you. However, my reader is not good outdoors so if I am at the beach, I read a paperback. I also have an audio going in the car, currently a J D. Robb.

5. Estella Sexton-Allender says

I am definitely a multiply books at a time reader. If I hit a dead spot in a book or find one that peaks my interest more, I switch. I never seem to have trouble picking up where I left off. I read David Simpson's Post-Human series recently, which I loved, and am also reading Connected by Simon Denman, and A Distant Eden by Lloyd Tackitt.

6. Marilyn Rosenbaum says

Mostely one at a time, unless I get bored with one sometimes I will start another and go back to the first one later.

7. Jack InObx says

I usually have at least 2 but sometimes 3 going on at once. A hardcopy and 1 or 2 on my Kindle (or 1 on my Kindle and 1 on my iPad w/Kindle App.

8. Beverly Wiese says

I used to keep a book in 3 or more rooms at a time,whenever I had a free minute or two.,With my kindle I usually take it everywhere I go so I stick with one story at a time. When its charging,i will read a library book in between.

9. says

Occasionally two at a time. Which one I read depends on my mood. I may have a suspense and a romance going at the same time. When reading a really long book, like Winter of the World, which I just finished, I will only read that until it is finished. Next up an old favorite, With Love from Karen, by Marie Killilea.

10. Vicki Cheney says

Usually one book at a time, but I might have others open to read snippets of throughout the day. I am reading Goodbye Junie Moon right now, a memoir about (mostly) Vietnam, by June Collins. I am enjoying it (although it could use some proofreading, particularly for punctuation).

11. Suzy Archer says

Several books at a time! Currently reading John Grisham's The Racketeer, James Patterson's Private London, and Dean Koontz's Icebound.

12. Su Littlefield Perry says

I am a one book at a time reader. That doesn't mean I don't download many books at a time to be read on my Kindle. At the present time I have 270 books to be read. I am currently reading "Stalking Love, a Romantic Thriller" by Johnny Ray.

13. Lori Robin Wilson says

I read several at a time but then the one that captures me the most gets my full attention until it is done.

14. Louise Fadness says

I can juggle up to 3 books at a time – mostly science fiction, how-to, and nonfiction. This way, I keep them straight!

15. Nancy Kazmierczak Robidoux says

Usually one at a time. I always take my kindle with me do I'm always reading. Currently reading Courthouse Cowboys.

16. Gillian Weathers says

If I am reading two books at a time it is usually because neither one of them is grabbing me but they are not bad enough to give up on.

17. Bobbye L. Hudspeth says

Depends on my mood. If my interest starts flagging I'll stop one book and start another. But, I am sort of OCD about finishing what I start so I eventually get around to finishing all of them.

18. says

Multiple books at a time! An audible one for the car, another audible to listen to while exercising and a third for reading. I try to keep my favorites for the exercise books as an encouragement to exercise more so I can listen more! LOL

19. says

I usually have two books going at a time. It all depends where I am, at home I will read from my computer, right now a Harry Dresden story, if I am out or at work I have my Kindle with me, and I am reading John dies at the End, by David Wong.

20. says

I tend to be in between when reading books. Sometimes I'll start one and read it all the way through, sometimes start reading a couple of books depending on the topic and whether I have to read the book for a specific reason.

21. Gloria Johnson says

I read one book at a time on my Kindle, BUT I also always read one at the same time via CD borrowed from library. Can't stand to waste time in a car, and reading that way means I can read twice as many books at the same time.

22. Caren Salisbury says

Multiple books at a time. I tend to have my kindle with me at work and a "real" paperback on my nightstand at night.

23. Sue Sowin says

I read my1977 NAS Bible every day, but then choose between non-fiction biography type books to read as well. Currently I've been reading:
    Behind the Scenes or, Thirty years a slave, and Four Years in the White House

24. Marie Cannon says

Usually one at a time – however – I am slowly plowing through Les Miserables AND Ravenscraig. (makes for interesting dreams)

25. says

I tend to read one at a time (especially on the Kindle) but in print I tend to read multiple books because I lay them down and then go to another room and start another one.

Trackbacks